B2B Category Permissions gives you the opportunity to restrict certain user access to specific category(s) on your Magento web store. The extension adds a new tab to each category with the name “Category Permissions”. You are able to allow Magento customer group(s) to this specific category.
- This extension is compatible with Magento versions 1.7.x - 188.8.131.52
- This extension is compatible with the Magento SUPEE-6788 patch.
If you have compilation enabled, please disable it before installing this extension. You can check compilation status in System → Tools → Compilation under 'Compiler status'.
1. Copy the folders (and its content): "app" and "skin" to your root Magento directory
2. Clear the Magento cache
3. Log out and log in again in your Magento admin
NOTE: If the extra attribute "Allowed Customer Groups" is still not visible when editing the category you should flush your Magento cache or delete cookies from your browser.
System → Configuration → B2B-extensions → Category Permissions
1. Info & Support: An overview of the extension information such as version number, compatibility, documentation and support.
2. License: Add your license key to this section.
- Extension Enabled: Yes/No.
4. Setting permissions on specific category level
Browse to Catalog-> Manage Categories
On category level there is a new tab added ‘Category Permissions’ which contains the field 'Allowed Customer Groups'. This is a multi-select field and its options are the customer groups that exist on your site. Customers will only see those categories for which the right customer group is selected.
Front EndCategory page
After restricting access to a specific customer group(s) on category level, customers within that category will only see the categories that they have access to. The other categories will be hidden. In the example below, this customer has no access to the category “Women”. See image blow:
Note: This extension cannot be disabled through "etc/modules/Ecomwise_CategoryPermissions.xml" because the newly created category attribute "allowed_customer_group" won't be able to access its input_renderer and source files. In case of disabling the extension this way an error will be thrown in the backend in Catalog->Manage Categories section. To disable the extension navigate to System->Configuration->B2B Extensions -> Category Permissions
1. Change the “Active” element to “false” /etc/modules/Ecomwise_CategoryPermissions.xml and save the file.
2. Flush Magento cache.
This will set the extension to inactive. However, if more explicit action is needed:
- Remove all files from file system.
- Remove the entry with code='categorypermissions_setup' in the core_resource database table.
- Remove the entry with attribute_code ='allowed_customer_group' in the eav_attribute database table.
- Bug fixes
- Module compatible with SUPEE-6788 patch.
27 April 2015
- Adding "Info & support" tab in the configuration
- Adding the "Settings" tab
- Adding the "Category Permissions" tab to the "Catalog -> Manage Categories"
- Bug fixes.