Sales Agents and Dealers allows you to define a new Magento customer role with certain permissions. The Sales Agents and Dealers extension introduces a new Sales Agent Role. Those customers with a Sales Agent role would be able to login to the front end of the webshop, take identity over their assigned customers and opportunity for placing orders only for specific customers.
- This extension is compatible with the default Magento 2.0 Luma theme.
- This extension is compatible with Magento CE versions 2.0.x,2.1.x and 2.2.x
Download the extension package from your account and extract the downloaded archive.
Copy the "app" folder (and its content): "/" to the root Magento directory.
Positioned in the root Magento directory execute the following commands:
1. Install: php bin/magento setup:upgrade
2. Recompile (Optional): php bin/magento setup:di:compile
3. Reindex (Optional): php bin/magento indexer:reindex
4. Clear the Magento cache (Optional): php bin/magento cache:clean
-Magento CE 2.1.x and 2.2.x reported problem with the "customer grid" related to an indexing problem.
-The indexer problem on Magento CE 2.1.x can be resolved by simple CLI php bin/magento indexer:reindex.
-With Magento CE 2.2.x the indexer problem can be resolved by adding a missing Magento code to the ""vendor\magento\module-customer\Model\Indexer\Source.php" missing "addAttributeToSelect" method
code to be added:
public function addAttributeToSelect($fieldName, $alias = null)
or by disabling the custom attributes in the grid:
'is_used_in_grid' => false,
'is_visible_in_grid' => false,
'is_filterable_in_grid' => false,
'is_searchable_in_grid' => false,
System -> Configuration -> B2B Extensions -> Sales Agents
1. Info & Support: An overview of the extension information such as version number, compatibility, documentation and support.
- Extension Enabled: Yes/No
- Display Customer identity Block: You can show/hide the header block displayed for Sales Agents role.
4. Setting Permissions on the Sales Agents Role
Browse to Customers -> Manage Sales Agents and Roles.
The Sales Agents Role is shown in the grid.The same can be modified and can be restrict with the following two permissions:
- Access to Customer: With this permission, the Sales Agent Role can have access to his assigned customers and view their account details info. If this setting is enabled a "Your Customers" tab will appear in the My Account left navigation menu.
- Customer Identity take over: With this permission, the Sales Agent Role can take over identity of his assigned customers, log with their accounts and place orders. If this setting is enabled a "Log in as Customer" button is visible on the "Your Customers" page.
5. Setting customers to Sales Agent Role
Browse to Customers -> Manage Customers. In the left navigation menu a new tab "Allowed Customers" is shown, from where you can select specific customers who will belong to the Sales Agents Role.
Admin section - Sales Orders
Customer with the sales agent role can also create orders from the admin section.
In the case when agent role has placed an order for a specific customer the "Placed By" column under Sales-> Orders in the admin is filled with the Sales Agent name.
After a Sales Agent is successfully logged in, on the Home page can be seen the top notification banner, informing that you are logged in as a customer with the Sales Agents role and you have an option to choose to take identity over your customers who belong to the Sales Agents role.
My Account page
Browse to My Account -> "Your Customers" link from the left navigation menu.
Your Customers page
On "Your customers" page are displayed all customers who belong to the Sales Agents Role.
Account information page
Sales Agent Role have permission to view specific customer info via the "View" button, or can take identity over specific customer via the "Log in as customer" button.
View as customer case
Logged as customer
My Orders page
As soon as the Agent role has specific customer identity, he can place products in the cart, view customer info details, purchase orders.
Automated ways are not available in this version.
- Version 2.0.2 - 19-06-2017
Extension is launched.
- Version 2.0.3
- Version 2.0.5
E-mail recipient configuration added
- Version 2.0.6
- Version 2.0.7
Empty banner when no customer is assign fix
- Version 2.0.8
EDIT order admin fix to corespond with e-mail configuration