This extension will provide the opportunity for customers to get notified as soon as their desired product is available for purchase.
- This extension is compatible with Magento versions 1.7.x-184.108.40.206
- This extension is compatible with the Magento SUPEE-6788 patch
- This extension is compatible with the Magento SUPEE-6285 patch
If you have compilation enabled, please disable it before installing this extension. You can check compilation status in System → Tools → Compilation under 'Compiler status'.
Before installation one particular setting must be configured as a pre-condition to the extension. System -> Configuration -> Catalog -> Inventory -> Stock Options -> Display Out of Stock Products Should be set to “Yes” under the “Default Config” configuration scope.
1. Copy the folders (and its content): "app", "js" "skin" to your root Magento directory.
If you are not using the default theme, then additionally copy the following files and folders to your theme directory:
- app/design/frontend/base/default/layout/stocknotifier.xml (file)
- app/design/frontend/base/default/template/stocknotifier/ (folder and its content)
2. Clear the Magento cache.
3. Log out and log in again in your Magento admin.
4.The last step would be to setup a cron job, needed for the notification emails that will be sent when a product is back in stock.
System -> Configuration -> B2B Extensions -> Stock Notifier
The configuration consists of three parts:
1. Info & Support: An overview of the extension information such as version number, compatibility, documentation and support.
2. License: Add your license key to this section
- Extension Enabled: Yes/No
- Notification Email Template: Which email template will be used after the notify email is sent (case when product is out of stock).
The default Notification Email template can be customized also for other languages as well.
This could be done by creating new transactional email template which will load the content from the module default notification email template.
Afterwards the content can be translated inside the new created one and that one can be used for specific store view (dutch, french etc.)
The list of customers notified by email can be seen under Customers -> Customers Notified, the grid displayed is showing a list of customers that have been already notified by email.
1. Change the “Active” element to “false” /etc/modules/Ecomwise_Stocknotifier and save the file.
2. Flush Magento cache.
This will set the extension to inactive. However, if more explicit action is needed:
- Remove all files from file system.
- Remove the entry with code='stocknotifier_setup' in the core_resource database table.
09 January 2017
- Added ''Created At'' column to Stock Notifier Customers grid.
- Compatible with Magento Community 220.127.116.11
17 December 2015
- Module compatible with SUPEE-6285 patch
17 December 2015
- Code optimization
- Bug fixes
- Compatible with Magento Community 18.104.22.168
17 November 2015
- Module compatible with SUPEE-6788 patch
29 May 2014
- Compatible with Magento Community 1.5.x-1.9.x
- Compatible with Magento Community 1.5.x-1.8.x
15 April 2013
- Compatible with Magento Community 1.5.x - 22.214.171.124