IntroductionSales Agents and Dealers allows you to define a new Magento customer role with certain permissions. The Sales Agents and Dealers extension introduces a new Sales Agent Role. Those customers with a Sales Agent role would be able to login to the front end of the webshop, take identity over their assigned customers and opportunity for placing orders only for specific customers.
- This extension is compatible with Magento CE 1.7.x – 220.127.116.11
- This extension is compatible with the Magento SUPEE-6285 patch.
If you have compilation enabled, please disable it before installing this extension. You can check compilation status in System → Tools → Compilation under 'Compiler status'.
1.Copy the folders (and its content): "app" and "skin" to your root magento directory
2. Clear the magento cache
3.Log out and log in again in your Magento admin.
System -> Configuration -> B2B Extensions -> Sales Agents
1. Info & Support: An overview of the extension information such as version number, compatibility, documentation and support.
2. License: Add your license key to this section.
- Extension Enabled: Yes/No
- Display Customer identity Block: You can show/hide the header block displayed for Sales Agents role.
4. Setting Permissions on the Sales Agents Role
Browse to Customers -> Sales Agents -> Manage Roles.
The Sales Agents Role is shown in the grid.The same can be modified and can be restrict with the following two permissions:
- Access to Customer: With this permission, the Sales Agent Role can have access to his assigned customers and view their account details info. If this setting is enabled a "Your Customers" tab will appear in the My Account left navigation menu.
- Customer Identity take over: With this permission, the Sales Agent Role can take over identity of his assigned customers, log with their accounts and place orders. If this setting is enabled a "Log in as Customer" button is visible on the "Your Customers" page.
5. Assign customer to have a Sales Agent Role
6. Setting customers to Sales Agent Role
Browse to Customers -> Manage Customers. In the left navigation menu a new tab "Allowed Customers" is shown, from where you can select specific customers who will belong to the Sales Agents Role.
In the case when agent role has placed an order for a specific customer the "Placed By" column under Sales-> Orders in the admin is filled with the Sales Agent name.
After a Sales Agent is successfully logged in, on the Home page can be seen the top notification banner, informing that you are logged in as a customer with the Sales Agents role and you have an option to choose to take identity over your customers who belong to the Sales Agents role.
My Account page
Browse to My Account -> "Your Customers" link from the left navigation menu.
Your Customers page
On "Your customers" page are displayed all customers who belong to the Sales Agents Role.
Account information pageSales Agent Role have permission to view specific customer info via the "View" button, or can take identity over specific customer via the "Log in as customer" button.
My Orders page
As soon as the Agent role has specific customer identity, he can place products in the cart, view customer info details, purchase orders.
1. Change the “Active” element to “false” /etc/modules/Ecomwise_Salesagents.xml and save the file.
2. Flush Magento cache.
This will set the extension to inactive. However, if more explicit action is needed:
- Remove all files from file system.
- Remove the entry with code='salesagents_setup' in the core_resource database table.
25 November 2016
- Bug fixes, resolving show identity for customers without roles.
26 February 2016
- Compatible with MCONNECTOR extension
19 November 2015
- Extension is launched.
Module compatible with SUPEE-6285 patch